Thursday, October 19, 2006

THE END OF RAMADAN, THE BEGINNING OF ME

Along with the end of Ramadan, I am preparing myself to let go of things not meant for me.In principle, I would have just given people a hard time to get my point across, but this time I think fewer words need to be spoken. After all, I told everyone everything I wanted to tell them, and that's enough. Khalas.
Of course letting go is not the same as throwing away.
Throwing away would be dumping, spitting out, whereas letting go is merely setting someone free, expecting nothing in return but self-fulfillment and better waking hours.
And unlike throwing away, letting go is fueled by nothing but good intentions.
Letting go is also a liberating experience. Not in the literal sense, in a way that you shut off someone and never see that person again, but it's the feeling of control and peace of mind that you maintain even when that person comes face to face with you.
The quiet Ramadan month urged me to contemplate this idea, and I did.

So you see, not only Muslims are given the chance to look into themselves and reflect on their lives during the Holy Month. The moon now looks like a big spotlight focused on me and only me, and the rest just fade into the background.
Forward, always forward.

No comments: