Thursday, October 26, 2006

craig

Craig and I had a fun night.
We were the only ones home and while he decided to have his usual Carlsberg binge, I opted for natural apple juice.
It was the usual scene out in the frontyard, and it did look like another episode of The Craig and Zeena Show.
Same stray cats staring at us behind Colin's dead plants.
Same Satwa kids showing off their fireworks.
Same dialogues about Dubai's high-rise buildings, hookers, freaks, family, love, dirty sheets, clean conscience, cool people, cold people, regrets, good food, good cooking, good weather.
Same excuse "oh, look at the time, we really should be going to bed!"
He's really good company. Lately I'm not itching to go out and explore Dubai anymore.
In the frontyard we go farther than the rest of the world.
He said I shouldn't be talking to old people like him, because it makes me cycnical and tired of living.
On the contrary, old friends actually help me make the right decisions and embrace life as tightly as possible.
And I think he's also learning from my tell-it-like-it-is insights, which drive him crazy but in the end (i bet) make him think twice aboout his actions.
I still maintain that he's a pig of course.

No comments: