Sunday, September 24, 2006

never enough

I went walking with Fifi this evening.
Walked all the way from the backside of Fairmont to Starbucks Sheikh Zayed.
Past Crowne Plaza, past the Xerox bulding, Lifco, Nando's, Saint Cinnamon (now closed).
That was a good 30, 40 minutes of brisk walking.
And while the boys were gulping down venti cream-based chocolate shit,
I had a bottle of water and non fat steamed milk.
I was sweating and panting and felt really good.
And yet, when I went upstairs to use the rest room, and looked in the mirror,
my thighs and hips looked very angry I had to shush them by jogging for ten seconds before I finally gave myself permission to pee.
I've lost 2,3 pounds already. 10 more to go.

What I'm trying to say is, I realized for the nth time in my life that we are never contented with what we have. And while this is an annoying fact of life, it also motivates us to be the best we can be. And time and again, we outdo ourselves and want to become better and better.
Before we know it, we're sooo good at something, but of course we won't acknowledge that, because then we'll retire and lie low and soon think of ourselves as incompetent.
That's why we never stop. We just keep going.

So after writing this I don't think I'll stop working out in the near future.
I'll walk, I'll run, I'll skip rope, dance around the house. I won't stop.
Can't shame myself in my own blog, oh no not here.

No comments: