Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A lot of good things have been happening this week. A lot of new opportunities for growth and success, a lot of decisions I've never made before, and a lot of never-before-expored emotions I am now feeling all at once.

I am alien to these things, but I am glad that several friends of mine --- who I seldom had the chance to talk with --- have recently kept in touch to give me that familiar, warm fuzzy feeling I need to get through everything that's been happening.

1. Nikko sent me a long email, and we have been corresponding regularly. I hope that everything works out for her. I am willing to help her whatever it takes.

2. Jel and Elaine, two fabulous Pinks, went online and we just bantered like we always did back home. I felt a little disappointed at myself for not being able to assume a villain's character so I could relate to them. Apparently they're into that lately, and I think it's a great idea. Jel being Regina George in Mean Girls, Elaine being Kimmy My Best Friend's Wedding, and Lye being Edie Brit in Desperate Housewives. I'll think of something.

3. Jefp and I have exchanged emails and had a chat about his love life. I hope he gets over his problem, and ends up happy. And gay of course.

4. Dan posted a testimonial for me on Friendster. It's actually a song I've never heard before, but I liked the lyrics a lot. We've been emailing each other since, and I hope that he keeps me updated about his life. Being a rocker duuuude, I was touched by his emails and the fact that he just wants me to go home so we can celbrate our birthdays together and get drunk and sing until the break of dawn (yeah!). It will happen, doncha worry.

And so I continue to update myself on their live, because I want them to feel that I am just here, as near as possible, that they can whisper any secret to my ear, tell about how bad their day is, share with me their highs, or invite me to their gig. I don't find it hard to keep in touch with them while so many things are happening to me here. They make up most of the reason for my happiness this week.

No comments: