Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I've recently noticed that I've been sluggish and and indifferent.
Several reasons: I still don't have a desk at work, but we were promised our own desks and PCs and chairs in two or three weeks; I am in the process of losing weight and want to slim down so badly because important holidays are coming up (like the channel launch and lots of other parties); I haven't been getting enought sleep and it's REALLY ticking me off; I feel that I don't have a life in Dubai.

Well, that's not exactly true. We had dinner at Rosario's this evening, and I do my evening walk every so often, and I am reading a good book by Milan Kundera (he's very good, it's like he reads my mind when I read his literature). Plus I have parties to attend and tasks to accomplish, and lots of work to do.

I go out a lot and have fun with other friends and I don't have much cash to spare but manage, mircaulously. I go out for coffee or dinner and once in a while splurge on a nice dress. I chat with my friends in Cali, Manila, Ontario, Timbuktu when I have time, especially on lull evenings, and I make sure that I have my occasional karaoke nights out, with some booze to go with my croaking. On the slowest of nights I sit home and watch any show, shave my legs, do my own pedicure and pick my nose.

Ok fuck it.
I'm a little lonely and I need a quick fix.
I want to learn salsa, go out of the country, meet someone new and lose weight.
But now all I have is a stomach ache, out of respect for Ramadan.

No comments: