Saturday, September 09, 2006

cologne bottle saves the day

This morningI buried my head in our big cabinet and found the cologne I used to use in Manila. It was a gift from a colleague, Candice. It was almost finished, and I splashed it onto my neck and arms. That scent brought back a lot of memories. A lot.

These are just a few things I remember with this super sweet whiff of warm sugar vanilla:

1. I remember going to work all dressed up, knowing that when work was over, we'd all head to have drinks or coffee, or watch a movie, or go to a karaoke bar. I remember hailing a cab for the Pinks, and clumsily getting inside, ever-so-excited to have a good time.

2. Me sleeping on the carpeted floor under the desks in the CDG office. I was usually idle between 3 and 7 PM, so I took the liberty of creating my own bed space, with the scanned newspapers as my sheets and pillows of course.

3. I remember going to Edong's with everyone, devouring tapsi and tofu and grilled chicken liver like there was no tomorrow.

4. I remember smoking on the helipad with X, Lye, Bridz, Bheng and the rest of the CDG smokers. That was a LOT of fun.

5. Baang Coffee with the Pinks and other CDG members. Banter, banter, laugh like hyenas, gossip, gossip. I miss being evil!

6. Boljak from ECS. Nuff said.

7. Night after night in the aquarium, trying to finish a concept that would make the bosses happy. Then finding out that it wasn't exactly what they needed.

8. Walking in the middle of the night on Tomas Morato with everyone. The videoke bars closed already but we didn't want to go home yet. So God knows what we did to entertain ourselves.

9. Chicos! Hahahaha! Happy Valentine to me and the Pinks!

10. Throwing all my dear friends surprise birthday parties. Plannig our surprise, giving them the best gifts in the world (led my party planner Jel my lab of course!).

Oh well. Splashing the last contents of that cologne bottle was very symbolic. I'm not letting go of the memories, silly. I think it's just my way of saying I miss them so much, and I want the memories to linger, because I badly badly need them to lately.

No comments: