Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I did not sleep at all. How about that?
Either I was too fond of Memoirs of A Geisha, or I thought I was a geisha, restless after the war. Hahahaha. That's a little far-fetched.
But yeah it's true. Summer has been very unkind to us. From June to August we suffered so much financially and emotionally and even Fifi and I had a falling out, and I would like to think that the worst has come to pass.
Yesterday, before meeting up with Fifi after work, there was a sandstorm around our area. The air was brown and the wind hiked up our skirts and sand attacked our eyes. And yet, it was one of the easiest days we'd had in a long time. I would like to think that the sandstorm, an indication that summer is going to end soon, is symbolic for the end of our suffering, and the beginning of REALLY living. It surely couldn't just be sandstorm.
So even if I did not sleep, I didn't have trouble smiling in the morning. I prepared breakfast for Fifi and myself (which was a first, since she has always done that), and we goofed around in the front yard before getting ready for work.
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to more sleepless nights.

No comments: