Monday, July 03, 2006

Zeena's Dinner

I cooked dinner today and ate all of it.
I marinated some chicken breast fillet in soy sauce, garlic, onions and some seasoning.
Fried it, threw in some tomatoes and viola! Zeena's dinner.
I clapped at my masterpiece.
A far cry from being the perfect housewife,
but closer to my goal of not being stupid in life.

Can this unnamed dish mean something else?
A start o something big, maybe.
Maybe in a few weeks I will be able to throw a dinner party.
I will serve Zeena-tossed fresh greens and maybe two or three dishes that will earn the approval of my dear friends.
And don't forget the wine. I'll probably get two bottles: One red, one white.
And will propose a toast to a new Zeena.
One that doesn't cringe at the thought of pots and pans and table manners.

I didn't even touch the Koka noodles in the cupboard.
Nope, didn't even think about it.

You think forgetting about instant noodles is a step closer to being a good housewife?
Laugh all you want, but I want to be the perfect housewife.

Oh, I forgot. I'm never getting married.
So maybe I should go back to Koka?
Kakaloka.

No comments: