Saturday, July 29, 2006

TRADER VIC'S WITH VIC SOTTO (Obet)

Last night was a fabulous SAMASKOM night. No, I didn't go all the way to Pinas to attend an org party, but Eve, Obet and I managed to find time to get together and feel the SAMASKOM spirit once again.

FYI: SAMASKOM is the most popular performing organization from the University of the Philippines. Talented members, famous alumni, the best comedy-variety shows ever produced. Ok?

Ok. We had coffee at French Connection (which didn't have wifi, which SUCKED because he made me bring the laptop, which was OK eventually, because he offered to carry it). Once we sat down and lit our cigarettes, we started talking and didn't stop. I'm not just talking about happy shallow talking. It was TALKING, something I hadn't done in such a long time. He recalled the events that had transpired in his life for the past few weeks. It was mostly bad news, but we managed to laugh it off. Eve came with squinted eyes (oversleeping) and she too lit a cig and started talking. Talking, talking, talking. Wow. We were having so much fun that I didn't want the night to end. And it didn't yet.

We moved to Trader's Vic at Crowne Plaza, where Eve introduced me to this giant drink called Tiki Uka Puka (did I get it right?!). And one sip after another, I told them all about the shit I had been going through. Every single excruciating detail of it, and I made sure to finish my story first before I could finish my drink (that's new). They turned out to be extremely helpful and concerned and so full of love... that I just had to look around the bar like a retarded kid so my tears wouldn't fall.

NAKAKAHIYA KAYA KADIRI YUNG NAG IIYAKAN SA BAR HABANG MAY NAGBO-BONGO SA LIKOD NAMIN AT NAGSASAYAW NA MGA AFAM!

Anyway Eve held my hand and Obet gave me a big hug (big by his standards, as he's all bones), and I knew I didn't want to give up yet. They just made my night. I may have hidden things from them in the past because I feared being judged and resented, and when I finally told them I realized that the only thing they could do to me was love me more for my honesty.

HONESTY...is such a lonely woooooord (wala lang, konting commercial lang).

Then we went home and I passed out on the sofa and didn't feel like working for this God forsaken company..ever. But the Tiki Uka Puka's effect slowly faded nad I knew I had to do things right.

So now here I am at work, blogging (not exactly "doing things right"). I didn't feel like seeing those morons today. Each time I come to work I feel like they're all waiting to devour me. Easy prey --- young, Pinoy, quiet. Ah ganon ah. Humanda kayo!

And tomorrow I can just imagine. It will be a struggle to wake up again and I'm going to be so needy I might call up Bimby Mae Perez (my geeky classmate in fifth grade) to ask her if she's already a registered nurse.

But hey, let's not forget, Obet and Eve are just 60 fils away (two text messages)!

Ok let me buy a phonecard first.

No comments: