Saturday, July 15, 2006

what i really need today

I believe that to survive in this world, you gotta have a beer (or wine) once in a while with someone you really trust and feel comfortable with.
Let it all out, and for a good two hours, exchange thoughts.
Listen, talk, gain something at the end of the conversation.
Get tipsy, get emotional, curse, laugh, cry. That someone is an angel. And the angel may change faces: today it's a middle-aged man, tomorrow it's a young struggling artist.
Your instincts tell you that this is the person to talk to right now, so go ahead, don't waste a minute.
TALK.
LISTEN.
Before the evening ends, and before the last drop of wine is finished, embrace and thank each other for the help.
And very few people realize that there is someone who can actually do that with them.
That's a pity.
When I'm old and gray, those are the people I will remember, the people who pushed me to go on living, keep on carrying my cross, and make me a little less lonely.
Plus, I just gotta drink once in a while.

No comments: