Friday, July 07, 2006

amuse me

Friday!!!
It's the much awaited wekeend, and still I'm having coffee and a banana for breakfast.
What is there to look forward to anyway?
Hot pancakes with blueberries and cream?
I just find ways to humor myself.
This morning I forced myself to laugh at what I was wearing.
An oversized shirt and yesterday's skirt, inspired by Judy Ann in Esperanza.
Not funny. I didn't wear this for shtis and giggles.
I simply had nothing else to wear, because I am not home.
Fifi is still in the shower, and as much as I want to banter with her,
it's hard to hear her. Besides, she's singing that rock song from Rockstar Supernova.
Hmmm what to do, what to do.
Maybe ask Eve and Obet to go for an evening swim?
Invite someone for coffee?
Attend that UP AA thing at Crowne Plaza?
Spend the whole day in the bath tub?
Clean my toes and pick my nose?
Patiently wait for someone to call me and say "Put on your dancing shoes and let's go singing!" ?
Learn a different language on line?
Attempt to fix our toilet?
Decisions, decisions.
And yet, I don't want to move a muscle.
So what's so special about Fridays?
Thursday nights get me high, Friday mornings leave me dry.
And Friday nights? Hope my fate will change.

No comments: