Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Blogging

I've been writing about how tired and old I feel and I realized that it's not good.
Number one, it makes me look like a cynical bitch --- which I'm not under normal cicumstances. Number two, it makes me feel so ungrateful to my Old Man up there, as I am obviously blessed compared to others who are trapped in warzones and have nothing to eat (sometimes I find myself starving, but I'm not retarded not to understand the difference between my situation and theirs).

So now I have decided -- for the sake of those who read my blog and want to know how I am doing and mine of course -- that I am going to write about the beautiful things that have happened in the past week. And the moment I think about something negative, I will slap my face and continue writing about good things.

(Deep breath)
Here goes...

Fifi and I came back to Dubai from OMan and we were fetched by none other than our favorite driver Omar. We had a peaceful ride to our friend's place and we had dinner there. We were very happy that evening, and it was about time that we REALLY celebrated Fifi's birthday. We went home and found Colin's new lounge in the living room --- talk about comfort! I found myself jumping from one sofa to another, feeling like a kid and a queen at the same time. Then I took a shower and surfed the net, and finally slept peacefully.

The next day Fifi and I attended a job interview, and we had fun just spending time together. we visited St. Mary's church and spent a few minutes of silence, then headed straight to our home sweet home. At home we watched TV and snacked on just about anything we could find in the ref, which was packed, as Colin had just thrown a dinner party two nights ago.

In the afternoon I attended another job interview and Richie picked me up from work and we had coffee. We were both tired and we just wanted to sit down and talk. It was very relaxing and I'm glad we saw each other again. He gave me a ride home, and there at home I found Fifi happily surfing the net and doing her work online.

The next day I went to work and I saw my Pinoy officemates again, which was such a relief. I was especially looking forward to seeing Lester, because he always looks out for me and gives me moral support. So we all had lunch together Pinoy style --- tons of food, boisterous laughter --- and I was recharged again.

After work we headed to our friend's place where we talked nad had dinner and as usual we had a grand time. We talked about anything and everything under the sun, and we wished we had brought our clothes so we could sleep over. We also received a text message from our friend MIke, who really missed us --- and likewise. We'll catch up soon.

Then yesterday I went to work as usual and I was so eager to go home. When I finally did, I found Fifi still in front of the laptop. It was one of the few times that we spent afternoons in Dubai together, and we had so much fun. She was chatting with her sister, who has as funny as her, and they had a great time bantering while I was channel surfing and eating Koka noodles (not again!), and I just lazed about in the living room.

Then Colim came home, and we all had wine and talked, and he and Fifi watched a DVD while I talked to my friends online. It was really fun talking to Reiz. I missed her sooooooooo much! (Thanks for the testimonial Reiz! Kiss!) I must have had three glasses of wine by 10 PM. Then Richie dropped by to say hello, and I went straight to bed. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Today I know there will be more fun moments than bad, and I just have to open my eyes really wide to see them (like me eyes aren't big enough already).

Hahahaha. I felt so unnatural writing all that, but it felt good to write about nice things. No angst, no tears, no bitterness.
OK, but this is just for today! Tomorrow I'll have the license to bash anyone on my blog.

See yah!

No comments: