Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dangerously Lazy

I didn't go to work today because I couldn't bring myself to get up from bed and go to work like I really loved my job. I hate it. To its very core. And I don't know how I can ever get out of it. I've been trying to make ways.
Anyway, I've always been resourceful, a quick-thinker, in a weird Machiavellian way. So i go and find ways to pull myself out of this slump. And I have opened several doors of opportunities. Lord have mercy on my poor soul.
Hmmm what I did the whole day? Did the laundry, watched Must Love Dogs on DVD (I can't believe I cried 4 times while watching that movie), made sure that the plumbers finished fixing the first floor bathroom and ours, mopped the floor, and watched TV.
Yup, I watched lots of news and Discovery channel shows.
Like I now know that the US is stuck in a rut --- it doesn't know whether to ask Syria to pacify Hezbollah or pproach Egypt so they can tell Syria to stop the war.... and I now know that great white sharks don't really like preying on human beings.... they just see us more lately because of more water sports emerging.
Hmmmm what else? This evening Colin, Fifi and I had champagne to celebrate Fifi's 23rd birthday, which was very very interesting and a true eye-opener for both of us. So champagne, plus a fun chat with my friends in Manila (YM messenger is the best). Great night. A little tipsy, now having coffee.
And now it's time for me to write about what's really bothering me.
I'm so afraid I'm not that resilient after all. Like today I got so lazy I didn't go to work. I don't want to just give up and be jobless, even for just a few weeks. I want to be a responsible young adult, able to pay her bills and pay for her dinner on dates and doesn't slack off and have a big ass from sitting all day . . . Well, too late now.
It's full blown. I'm too lazy to say I won't be lazy.
ANd that's very very dangerous.

No comments: