Monday, January 08, 2007

what work?

I was late for work today.
Late. Like, three hours late.
But it was all right, because I had a lovely time catching up on my sleep.
My boss sternly advised me not to do this again.
I won't.
It's just that I've been extremely tired the past few days, and I needed a short sweet break to catch my breath.

Last night Jen and I went to Global Village to go around and torture our feet.
And there was Guillaume looking so cute in a chef's vest, and before I knew it I was finishing my chocolate and strawberry crepe and Jen's egg and cheese crepe like a madman.
It was stupid really, trying to show him that I could eat more than one large crepe.
That didn't really prove anything.
But he was so cute!
I just wanted to send a very important message across --- that I would stuff my face with bad fats to prove how much I liked him.
I also bought him a souvenir from Kenya, a nice hand-made figure of a girl and a boy on a bicycle, all made from wood shavings/dried leaves and rubbish soft wire.
He liked it. He said he'd put it in his new room in his new flat.
And can he just forget about the Japanese guy Sherry and I approached.
We just asked the guy for a copy of the Japanese pop song playing at the Japanese pavillion.
We just found it really amusing, like Britney from Japan singing stuff that made us bob our heads. We couldn't even understand the lyrics, but it made us dance with the Sumo wrestler.
And that was it. Nothing more.
Honestly.
He kept on saying "Going to Japan?" until my small Kenyan gift shut him up and made him believe I liked him and only him!

All right.
Back to work.

No comments: