Sunday, January 21, 2007

happy and gay weekend

It's been a fabulous weekend!

On Thursday night we had drinks and I got home barely knowing what I was doing. But it was fine because Sherry stayed over. I just remember vomitting all the way to our villa and lugging around 3 1-litre bottles of Masafi water. Oh and we also danced to the tune of La Isla Bonita. That was fun.

The following day Eve, Sherry and I went to Xernes' flat. The nasi goreng was finished but we managed to nick two pieces of KFC chicken and some rice, then head straight for Galo's tiramisu. Afterwards we played pictionary, a board game I played once literally more than a decade ago. I was pretty good at drawing. And guessing. Wow. My brain was still working after that bad hangover. But we didn't win. But it was fun! They all nicknamed Sherry Monica, Courtney Cox's character in Friends, because she was so competitive and really fighting to win. That was quite a laugh. Anton also stole the show by saying "I will not concede!". It was a small something during the game that we didn't agree on. That was the quote of the evening.
Then we went bowling at the Mall of the Emirates. Actually, they did. I went window shopping and bought myself a nice lip gloss. I didn't want to do anything strenuous because of my cough. We had coffee, and we scored men by raising sugar sachets in their faces: brown sugar for super cute and sexy, white sugar for satisfactory, and artificial sweetener for fugly. Then we went back to Xernes' flat and had pork adobo. I watched some Little Britain episodes and had my fortune told by Anton and his tarot cards. In fairness to Anton and the past fortune tellers, my fate according to them has always been consistent. I like it that my life is taking shape, and the cards can even read it.

Went home at 4 AM. I had to say good night to Guillaume instead of wait for him to pick me up because he was exhausted from making crepe and standing all day. He said he couldn't feel his legs anymore. I truly missed him last night when I was reading a book before sleeping. And then he sent me a text saying he missed me, and called me a few seconds after that. How sweet was that?

This afternoon Sherry and I went walking down Sheikh Zayed Road. To Shangrila and back. It was like going around the academic oval in UP Diliman twice, so I think we lost a few calories. We had the usual fun banter. My thighs are huge. No, my thighs are huge. He's a nice guy.Will he call? I don't expect much anymore. . . and other signature lines from us.
We had dinner at their place in Barsha, because Jennyn Gueco cooked. her afritada was delicious! Wonder if I will ever learn to cook, or at least take interest in cooking. Right now I'm sooo focused on eating.

So now I'm home form Barsha, back in front of the computer. But not for long!!!! . . . Guillaume finished early tonight and he will pick me up in a few minutes. He's showing me his new flat. I'm sure it's fab.

Why does he never make me wait that long before I see him? I just love that. He wants to see me. I don't even have to remind him. Maybe because he'd rather see me that drown in crepe paste. He's tired of facing and making crepes 24/7, 7 days a week. I'll make sure NOT to mention crepe later. Or flour, or egg shells, or banana and chocolate.
I'm still amazed by all this. I wish I knew what he saw in me. I'm a little embarrassed to ask. In my Best Friend's Wedding, Julia Roberts says you can either be creme brulee or Jell-O. I'm Ok with Jell-O. Really. At least I'm not crepe.

1 comment:

Zeena said...

Hahaha. Con man lang siya. Pero oo may crepe business siya dito, oks naman siya. LIka punta ka dito bili ka ng crepe!