Monday, January 29, 2007

manic monday

I don't feel well today.
In the morning I found myself in the middle of shit, when I really didn't do anything to ignite a problem. Still there was no one else to blame but a soft-spoken young woman who tried to be the best so no one would blame her.
I held back my tears by chatting with my mother and Elaineplim, which was very comforting.

My back has been hurting and I vomitted twice already, don't know why, but called Sherry to spend the night with me just in case something weird happens to me. These are merely symptoms of an upcoming turbulent period, but just in case they blow out of proportion at least Sherry will be here to witness the mess.

I've been falling asleep everywhere --- at my desk, in the car, in the bath, in the bed for 2 hours non stop, without being bothered by any kind of noise. I'd like to think that staying up late and ignoring the signs of stress have taken their toll on my health. But flatulence doesn't fit anywhere in the picture. It's embarrassing, it'smelly, it's everything I don't want to happen in the middle of some serious journalistic work. And yet today in particular, I am cursed with it.

On top of these I have two large pimples on my chin. Guillaume' stubble will pay for this, maybe with a free crepe on Friday. I can't wait to see him but it's also good for us to have time apart, especially when we're undeniably busy and ill. His back is bad too, and he's been complaining about his cholesterol.

I hope I can rest well and nothing happens to me tonight, because now I realize how hard it is to live alone, without medical benefits and a mom who would immediately know what to do when I'm not feeling well. She knows when to take my temperature, to ask me to sleep it out, to ust hold me, scold me, 'coz when I'm bad I'm so so bad. So let's dance.

When I'm feeling all right again I'm going to do a mean Donna Summer at Hibiki Bar and you wouldn't even know I was actually capable of being sick.

No comments: