Saturday, January 13, 2007

Global Village

Obet, Mye, Arvin and I went to Global Village yesterday and I'm happy they liked the place. They went all around the world, and we were there from 430 PM to 1130 PM. But it was a fun trip!
France didn't have a pavillion, but the crepes were selling quicker than hotcakes. (pa-attempt mag idiom) We didn't bother to take a picture of the French stall. But my friends liked the crepe, especially Guillaume's huge discount for them.
Arvin and me in front of the Thailand stage. I was talking on the phone with Eve, but didn't want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime pose. Arvin, Obet and me in front of the Thailand pavillion. That's right in front of the crepe stall! Arvin, me and Mye in front of the Kenya pavillion. Lotsa nice stuff in here. I like the lions. I'm a Leo. Rooooooarrr. Ano ngayon?We were having coffee when the musical fountain started. And the pictorial followed.Kenya another. Loads of people.Nice view in front of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia pavillion and the ferris wheel in the background, which Obet desperately wanted to ride.At Central Perk. But without "friends". Get it? Inside the UAE pavillion, where I bought nice flats. I'm glad I bought them because a few minutes later my thongs fell apart and I was suddenly walking barefoot near the Iraq pavillion.In front of the China pavillion. It's huge, and they sell really cheap stuff too. Obet wanted a chiong sam so badly. Of course we had to stop him from buying one.Sino daw to? Tumingin pa si baklit. Imberna!Fireworks in the background. Winner!
On the way home. Traffic. Our trusted friend Omar Ali going his "Chika lang mother". I told him it meant "joke only", which is true. I didn't tell him it was such a gay thing to say though. And this guy is a homophobe.










No comments: