Friday, January 05, 2007

shameless and dreamy-eyed

That's right.
Another night of champagne with Guillaume.
We toasted to the 35-dirham bottle Colin got for us (excellent for such a price) and had a fun night.

I can't quite explain his personality.
He's different from other French men I've met because he's a little rugged and clumsy, two traits that I guess are not very French.
He must be a goof in France, because he laughs like a hyena when he wants to and spills champagne all over the villa (kitchen, living room etc etc).
But under normal circumstances is the sweetest man in the world.
Sometimes he says things that really make me want to burst out laughing, but then I realize that he's not joking.
And he handles emergency situations really well.
Like when we went to Fairmont and he didn't expect the bill to be so huge, and even after my contribution we were still short. After failed attempts at the ATM machine he finally convinced the waiter and front duty officer to accept his Euros. It was supposed to be absolutely embarrassing, but too much alcohol caused us to see this as a trivial incident, something we just don't remember after a few laughs.
And that's really what's charming about him.
I like laughing at him and with him and he's just very steady.
I am just so happy to spend time with him.
And sometimes the traffic is bad and it can be a three-hour drive to my place, he still comes to visit. Right after 10 hours of non-stop crepe making.
That's something that really impressed me.
And I don't feel stupid mispronouncing French words with him.
I can learn. He can teach me.

And this embarrassing gushing has really got to end.

Right about now.

No comments: