Thursday, August 31, 2006

Last night I had my post-birthday dinner with Richard at a Mexican restaurant at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. It was such a nice place, but it was even nicer of him to have a plan, because even if I was underdressed I wouldn't feel good if he took me to KFC.

Anyway he did NOT take me to KFC, so why did I have to write that?

So we had dinner at this place called Go West, for a sumptuous Tex Mex meal. I was expecting a bull ride until I realized that the bull was right across the table. Hehehe.
Of course there was a houseband that was supposed to play country music like Jambalaya (which they did), but we were surprised to hear them play Where Is the Love. Cowboys and Indians go hiphop once in a while, no problem.

It's weird because he might not even realize it, but to me, it's been the most meaningful exchange of insights that we had. I had questions that he answered properly, not without the corny jokes of course, but I liked his answers.

So after that huge dinner we walked awhile and talked some more and on the way to my place he was just very calm (=SLEEPY) and that was the end of a nice evening.

When I came home it wasn't the heavy stuff that we talked about that I retained in my mind. I actually remembered the random things, like he wants to adopt a cat (which freaked me out, because I never liked cats they never liked me), he hates cockroaches (I'm sure they hate him too?), and that he's travelling the whole September, so can I just join Billy in singing Wake Me Up When September Ends? Anyway it was a fun night all in all, and I'm thrilled that he encouraged me to write a book. That's probably a long time from now, but I've had some ideas for quite some time.

And surprisingly, I slept well last night. I didn't wake up at 3 in the morning or toss and turn. That's how I really knew that it was genuinely a nice evening with Richard.

No comments: