Tuesday, August 15, 2006

FRESHER

Last night after Colin fell asleep watching Anger Management and Eve had gone home, I went to our room thinking I'd get a good sleep and wake up fresh and with no eyebags at least. But I couldn't sleep. I read a few pages of Memoirs of a Geisha and some pages of Time Out Dubai and read some passages from the Quran (Eve lent it to me), and still I couldn't bring myself to close my eyes. So I went down and borrowed Colin's iPod, and listened to some soothing tunes. Catatoni's Dead From the Waist Down wasn't helping, because the voice of the lead vocalist --- don't get me wrong, she's excellent --- was so sweet it was almost creepy, it really made me fear going dead from the waist down.

So ok, literature and music wouldn't put poor me to sleep, so I logged on to YAHOO Messenger and found Jaja aka Jillian Prieto online. It was WHACK (a little nigga talk won't hurt)! She typed in upper case the whole time and she just wouldn't stop.

zinzin: Jaja alam mo ba ...
jillian prieto: ANOOOOOOOO
jillian prieto: ANOOOOOOOO
jillian prieto: ANOOOOOOOO
jillian prieto: GO KWENTO
jillian prieto: ANOoOOOOOO

I didn't expect anyone to be so chatty at that time, but then again she now lives in the California, and 1:30 AM in Dubai equals 2 PM in Cali. So we were both perky at the thought of our SAMASKOM memories, and we exchanged stories about men and career and some people's lives (the manadatory agenda of every girl talk), and it was so much fun I didn't want to end it. For that we went on and on about anything and everything and I ended up talking to her until around 3:30 AM. Of course in the end the talk wasn't just fun. I learned some things from her, like never ruin your life over someone who doesn't really care about you ---friend, lover, colleague, in-law. Of course I should have known that, but she made that pretty clear that I'd be ashamed to forget it the next day, which is today (I'm at work but I just have to blog).

Anyway I woke up with big circles under my eyes, but surprisingly, I felt fresh, probably fresher than if I opted to just toss and turn in my bed.

I guess laughter and a good conversation just have that effect on anyone. I look like a zombie today and I will be spacing out the whole day (oh yeah I sooo know it), but if Jaja's still online later, I might do it again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. go zeens!!! Anoooooooooooooo anoo chika anoooooooooOOooooooo., hahaha, love it!

Zeena said...

Hahahahha winner divinx?! Talk to you soon!