Monday, August 07, 2006

Gotta Be Pretty!

Does a woman really need to be pretty in order to succeed in her career?
I think so. I spend lots of time dolling up (sometimes to no avail) because I believe that looking good will make me feel genuinely happy, and therefore confident. Others will notice that, including the boss, and he will have more faith in me that I can do things fabulously on my own.

This is the reason why my upper lip is itching. I waxed it last night and now I have tiny bumps all over it. Anyone wanna connect the dots?

Anyway back to the need to be pretty. Yes, I think women need to make an effort to look good. Feminists will shoot me in the head for this, but yeah! Some women just go forward because they look good. But we don't really want to be one of them. We want to be good-looking and smart. There are times when we will feel dumb, and we can always think at least we're pretty. Or prior to our period we'll fell ugly and fat, but we still have our brains so we're not about to lose it yet.

What happens if we feel dumb and ugly at the same time? Well, we try to redeem ourselves by reading a book or trying a new beauty product.

Ok so what happens if we're too poor to buy a book or a beauty product? Hehehehe.

No comments: