Sunday, August 20, 2006

it's not just about the sandals

Apparently it's not only the people you care about who can possibly give up on you.

The three pairs of sandals that I had and sooo loved just did, all in the same week. Smiling soles, the skeleton of the base sticking out (an ugly rusty piece of metal), and thongs that were held together by a rubber band. So I thought about it, and yes, I dismissed my feelings of guilt and went for it!

After work I went to the mall with my friends to buy myself a decent pair of shoes. I looked around and found LOTS of 'em --- in a thousand different colors and designs. Stilettos, wedges, flats. Velvet, leather, vinyl. Black, brown, cotton candy pink. Flowers, Butterflies, intricate Indian designs. Sequins, embroideries, studs. I looked around and convinced myself that I should get a nice pair, one that would make me look and feel like a princess.

So I tried pair after pair after pair, and didn't like any of them. I don't like my shoes all glammed up. I just want something that goes with everything, and of course, very comfortable.

So after trying on a hundred pairs, I opted for plain brown thongs with rubber soles. PLain bown thongs than cushion my feet, that if my feet were myself, I would be sleeping in a big marshmallow bed.

So the plain brown thongs are proving to be my best friend. They love me, I love them, and I don't think I want to get glammed up soon. I just really want to get cozy.

No comments: