Thursday, December 28, 2006

weekend plans

Last day of work. Yahoo!
I’m working again on Tuesday.
Love it.
Unfortunately I feel a bad flu coming. What a bummer.
But knowing myself, I will ward it off in no time.
I must’ve eaten ten mini-oranges today.
That should do the trick.

My program for the weekend?
I’ll kick it off with a movie date with Sherry.
Maybe Apocalypto or something else.
Just an easy Thursday night.
Tomorrow I’ll meet with my fellow alumni to go to the Philippine consulate to visit unfortunate Pinays stuck for a place to stay, jobless and cannot go back home because they can’t buy plane tickets. So we’re giving them phone cards to call home, food and some toiletries to get by.
If we’re really lucky we might even raise money to buy some of them plane tickets.
My former officemates managed to raise more than half of what I need to turn in and that really made me happy. Thanks, guys.
This is me doing charity work, thank you very much.
I can’t remember the last time I did something for my fellow Pinoys.
Well, I used to donate blood regularly in college but that was because I wanted to lose weight, even it meant anemia for me.
Now it’s different. Raising money won’t give me anemia.
I think this is my way of giving back to the people who helped me during my first months here in Dubai. The amount of help extended to me by so many nameless faces pulled me out of a slump I never want myself or other people to experience again.

Chuck the drama out.
Friday night will most probably be a party night for me.
Friends, champagne, dessert, probably karaoke if the bars are opem.

I also plan to do a bit of shopping in the weekend.
A new wallet to replace my ratty old one.
Or perhaps a pair of REAL shoes, or a bag that has a decent handle.
Or a nice gym shirt. Or rubber shoes.

This might never end, so I’ll spare you the rest of the stuff on my list.

Ciao!

No comments: