Sunday, December 03, 2006

3 R's this weekend

RELAX
I cannot find a good excuse to go home and stay in bed all day.
I love work and all, but it's a national holiday and no one is interested in going on our show or having anything to do with it.
And by not going to work I am actually doing these hard-working professionaqls a favor, by cutting them some slack.
But the damage is done. I am in the office already pretending to be busy when, I really don't have much to do but email, which I can do in the comfort of our dinang area (where we play musical laptops).

RAIN
Yesterday it was not pouring, just drizzling from morning until before evening, but our compound was a big pool of mud.
I spent the first half od the day watching stuff about Scientology (horrible), and watching a the full version of AN IN CONVENIENT TRUTH, a documentary on Al Gore and his mission to make peope aware of how rapid global warming is taking place, and to encourage them to act on this problem.
I was very inspired that said no to plastic bags in Choitram later, and put all my groceries in my gym bag.
Never mind if my stinky socks were right on top of the plump oranges, and the mineral water was wrapped in my panties.
I managed to get out and go to the gym then meet Sherry afterwards for dinner.
Very laid-back, relaxed evening. Except I ate a huge omelette and gulped down half a tall glass of Coffee Frappe, which made my head hurt.
Bad news for my food journal.

REALIZE
After working out while waiting for Sherry, I went to the small bookshop in Crowne Plaza and ended up buying a book called YES MAN by Danny Wallace.
It's a true story of a bachelor (Danny) who retreated from the world (ie. not going to pubs every night with friends and the like), but a man ona train transformed him in 3 simple words: Say Yes More.
So he decided to say yes to everything, and in the first thirty pages of the book half of his yeses either gace him trouble, delayed his endeavors or frustrated him
But he's determined to be a positive person, and excited to see where his affirmative answers will lead him.

I got to thinking about my own life. I know I've said no to lots of invitations, but the few yeses that came out of my mouth had a huge impact on my life.
I came all the way here from a small place back home.
I had two relationships that were completely different you can't even compare them.
I made so many friends and been to lots of places, and met lots of people who made me happy, sad, better, prettier, smarter and so on and so forth.
All because I said yes.
So I realized that I didn't really need to say yes more, because my yeses were enough.
THe only thing I need to work on is trying others to say yes to me.
I have the best intentions. I have many great plans.
And if these people just believe in me, they'll never regret it.

No comments: