Saturday, December 16, 2006

kubrador

Sherry and I met up and had a snack and then we went off to see the film we'd been wanting to see.

Kubrador was touching. It showed the filth, the frustration, the struggle, the desperation of the people in my country. Oddly enough, I've never missed Manila more.

Direk Jeffrey Jeturian was there and I was literally starstruck. I followed him all the way outside the theater and told him we went to the same university, belong in the same organization, and are both proud to be Pinoys!

Gina Pareno followed suit with a Band Aid on her knee. She said she tripped on her way out the villa. Funny girl. She even gave us pictures of herself in Delhi. She won three international awards for this. So better watch it tonight at the Mall of the Emirates or get a copy.

Proud to be Pinoy,
Zeena

No comments: