Monday, December 11, 2006

another day

Colin's parents are here and I haven't felt this cozy in a long time.
Bruce likes to repair stuff like the water heater and wash the dishes and just fiddle with things.
Pam likes to chat and is very pleasant and repeats things.
They're both very pleasant and I miss having folks in the house.
They brought this teapot with the embroidered covering, and for a minute I tried to see if they built a fireplace.

Work's looking good, especially now that I actually LOVE what I am doing. It doesn't really matter if I stay in the office for a few extra hours. I love my job. For one, there's some dignity to it and it's a TV job. I can't imagine myself working somewhere else at the moment.

Attended pilates. The instructor Denise was very helpful. Upon seeing that I was the only one in class who couldn't raise her feet all the way up past my legs (because of my fat ass), she asked me to stay after class for two minutes. She put two extra rolled-up mats under my butt and told me to keep my elbows still. And I did it! My giant thighs finally moved and contracted and I looked like a pretzel. A large one from Auntie Anne's.

Had coffee with Sherry at Shakepeare. Yes yes yes it was all about love. For the Nth time. But we also told ourselves that we really didn't have to be sad because we are ok, waaaaaaaaaay better than the others. We're actually breathing and able to smile and laugh. Boisterously, like rugby players in a dugout. It was a fun night.

Have to sleep now. Good night.

No comments: