Thursday, December 07, 2006

nice evening

Last night was amazing.
Not only because I stuffed my face silly with evil munchies, but because I got to spend a lovely evening with my friend Peter.
I arrived at his flat to take a whiff of his mystery dish: salami, loads of bell peppers, sprouts.
I'm not exclusively a carnivore, but I'm no goat either.
But I ate the the dish because of its rich flavor - the soy sauce, the salt, the pepper.
Plus the rice, which will soon translate to 5 extra pounds.
He also baked cookies to prepare for Christmas.
They were irresistable. I swear.
Even the way he poured our wine, I fancied.
And of course the icing to the cake: dessert.
Caramelized banana and raspberry sorbet.
What the?! No man had ever paid much attention to what he feeds his female guest.
SOme women starve in a man's flat.
Anyway we had dessert while watching Over the Hedge.
Not as funny as Ice Age 2, but deeply touching, if you're an Al Gore kind of person.
Anyway it was nice evening, and I went home with a full stomach and a happy feeling.
In fact when I woke up this morning I didn't feel tired at all.
Even while sleeping, I was aware that someone went out of his way to make me happy.
And he absolutely succeeded.

These are the little things that make me smile.
The little things that make me forget the bad stuff.
These are the dead ends that I'm never worried about.
These are the moments of my youth.

I guess the book I'm reading rubs off on me.
I am the YES GIRL, always nodding my head to anything, because opportunities are there to take advantage of.
No, I am not retarded, nor am I in my second childhood.
I am 24, and I'm living my age.
Bow.

No comments: