Monday, December 25, 2006

merry christmas!

Christmas has been ok so far.
I am at work. Beat that.
Then off to Karama Post Office to see if there is a package waiting to be claimed.
Gifts, greeting cards perhaps?

Last night it was a simple noche Buena with Obet, Mye, Arvin, Sherry and their guests.

And then I sent a bunch of happy Christmas messages to my friends in the Philippines, my friends here in Dubai, and called my mother, who was as usual, as evil as me, and we just had a blast talking about other people on the phone.

Talked to my cousins, aunts, grannies, etc etc. Happy.

I am as happy as that Somali boy Madonna adopted.
He knows he should be happy.
Hey, everyone must think so! But he has no idea why.
It’s like he goes, “I’m happy because Madonna adopted me. Madonna. The Madonna.”
And I go, “I’m happy because it’s Christmas day. Christmas. Jesus, three kings, all those smiling camels.”

I like that song by Eraserheads,
All around the world, people make a change
C’mon and have a celebration
All around the world, people make a change
It’s time to have a Christmas party…


And then the songs gets bastardized in a variety show, and it becomes more fun!

OK that’s it for today.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: