Sunday, December 10, 2006

How was your weekend?

THURSDAY NIGHT
Sherry and I met after work and went straight to the mall. We bought clothes and a few gifts for Christmas. Then we went to my place to shower and change. Then we went straight to Lal's to buy a cake for my Mediawatch officemates. Then walked to my officemates' apartment to find everyone in a festive mood. I gave them the cake (which had a MISHU GUYS LOVE, ZEENA written across the surface) and had a smoke with the guys and I headed off to meet Sherry again.
Then we went aaaaall the way to The Gardens to get wasted and dance to the tune of Lady in Red, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now and other freaking 80's slow tunes. I slow danced with this big Pakistani bear named Fahad. I stepped on his feet the whole time, and I felt like a floating princess. In a tribe of course, because he's a bear and the place was a jungle. Khashif, Jen's mate, danced My Humps at least a hundred times. OK, I don't have a problem with that. Then there was this Filipino guy named Kerr who wanted to fight Fahad because the bear kicked his shin playfully. Key word: playfully. Kerr was insisting that Fahad was a maniac and that he wanted to bash Filipinos. Hahahahaha that was quite a laugh, because the bear just wanted to have some fun and had so much respect for us.

FRIDAY
Got home from the Gardens at 530 AM. Sherry spent the night at my place and we woke up at 2 PM. We decided to have brunch at good ole Salt N' Pepper in Satwa (daing! monggo! buko pandan!), then we went straight to the Mall of the Emirates to watch The Holiday. It literally moved us to tears. We both looked at each other in a youre-not-crying-are-you-?-because-i-am way. Iris (Winslet) has a huge problem --- she can't fall out of love with a jerk. Amanda (Diaz) has an even bigger problem because she can't love properly --- can't even say the three magic words, and can't cry over a break up. They switch houses under a house exchange program on the internet, and in doing so, they find themselves reversing their fate. AWwwwwww. More tears.
OK enough of that. Then I did my groceries (my favorite buy? Carrefour granola bars, cheap and delicious in berry flavors). Then went home and read a good book.

SATURDAY
Ray and I had lunch yesterday at More, a nice laid-back restaurant at the Al Murooj Rotana. I had a huuuuuuuuge plate of paella, but just ate the seafood and chicken bits. So after the meal my plate looked like a huge pile of rice and bell peppers, like what Peter cooked last Wednesday. Hahaha.
Then he took me to Petzone. I hate pets. He knew that very well. I made that clear to him weeks ago. But the little demons were cute. Especially the turtles. I hated the cats. Their eyes pierced mine. Ugh. They almost opened their mouths and told me to get lost, bitch.
Then I worked out at Crowne Plaza. The step circuit class by Rania was great! I guess she was Indian, because the workout had traces of the Kama Sutra. Occasionally she would scream "Cleavage! Cleavage!" or "Pump! Pump!" That was quite a laugh, but it also made me sad because it reminded me that I wasn't getting any. Any. Anyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Was supposed to have dinner at Ray's place but my stomach acted up. Had to stay home to read a book to sleep and ignore my gas. I felt so bad because he already cooked something --- a big dish, one that involved correander (the spelling correct?) and coconut dressing.

So all in all I had an eventful weekend.

How was yours?

No comments: