Sunday, December 24, 2006

CHRISTMAS EVE IN DUBAI

…is irrelevant, really.

We have work today. It’s ok, since I don’t have anything else to do.
After work Sherry and I will fly to Deira (with my prized bottle of champagne of course) to shop for groceries.
I’m in charge of the bloody fruit salad. Hell yeah I’ll make it bloody with some red food coloring.
Can’t wait for our wine glasses to clink and our faces to be stuffed with hamon or morcon or queso de bola or…. Goldilocks polvoron. Whichever is served first.

I called Mama and we had a good 30-minute conversation.
I love her. She’s such a grouch but really funny.
We talked about disgusting people, good people, beautiful people (ourselves).
I love the fact that we get along so well because we’re a thousand miles apart and so it is not possible for her to strangle me or for me to roll my eyes at her.
She’s going on a much needed vacation in the summer and I’m sure she will enjoy it and reaaaaaaally have a blast with my fun aunts in New York.

As for me, the Dubai Shopping Festival is on going. Which only means one thing: I’ll shop ‘til I either drop, or run out of dough.
But one thing I discovered about myself, I’m actually generous by nature.
Yeah, I don’t want to buy a phone card every week, and I can live on canned tuna for weeks, and I just DON’T appreciate it when people ask for change, because every fil adds up and I just don’t want to be a piggy bank.
But last night when I went with Sherry and Ethel to Magrudys and the shopping complex right across it, I saw some stuff and didn’t even think about myself.
I bought nice stuff for my friends, and I was eyeing some stuff for my sister.
Wow. I’m so selfless for a cheapskate.

I apologize to my thighs in advance. They’ll have to make room for more fats.
It’s noche buena time!

No comments: