Monday, December 18, 2006

life's been good so far

Life's been good so far.
I badly want to be idle, because thinking too much has taken its toll on my laid-back side.
Started last Saturday, while walking to Crowne Plaza for my aerobics class.
I usually walked on the pavement, beside those massive construction projects.
So I decided to walk across the small grassy area, because the grass looked fresh and green and attractive to my old rubber shoes.
It was fine for the first second, until the sprinklers were automatically switched on and I was on the pavement again.
But no kind of sprinkler or amount of water could bring me down.
Soaking wet for no apparent reason (it was not raining), I relied on my iPod for that "don't know, don't care" look.
I reached Crowne Plaza to learn that Rania, the instructor, was not coming.
But there was a new instructor, and we could attend his class in an hour.
The instructor was Victor, a Filipino guy who had been in Dubai for only a week.
A staff member of the gym was in the studio evaluating him, and checking if we were ok with the moves he was demonstrating.
Yeah we were okay, but he incorporated some mambo, chacha and samba moves which I guess was completely off-putting to Mohammed, a macho local who perhaps attended the class for endurance, some serious hardcore cardio, not to learn a few gay steps.
I didn't go home after that. I went with Sherry, Ethel and Shai to Karama.
Shai shopped for souvenirs because she was coming home to Manila this Christmas.
It was a spur-of-the-moment thing (thanks to the ultra-optimistic character in the book I'm reading), a thing I said yes to in a split-second, and so I did not bring any money with me.
I ended up using the last minutes of my phone battery on a unique pictorial.
I proved that I still haven't lost my creativity.

In less than an hour I assumed several characters by just using some of the souvenirs in the queer Karama shop we went to.
I was a tissue dispenser, a gangsta rapper, a seductress with silver tits, a pregnant girl who bore Buddha, and a flight attendant for a cheap airline company.
All in less than one hour. Beat that!
I will have the pictures soon for those who don't believe this, once I figure this infrared thing out.
So yeah.
Life's been good so far.

No comments: