Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The best things in life are free… almost!

Just a short one…straight out of bed…. bad breath and all……..

At 8 in the morning I received a call from another aunt of mine -- -Tita Ruby! I have not spoken to her in ages. Even when I was still in Manila I hadn’t had the chance to actually sit down and talk to her. And she actually bought a phone card to call me! I was really happy. I also had a short chat with Patty and Paulo. Patty’s going to college. Is the world crazy? I thought she was in 6th grade! I just told her everything I had to go through here in Dubai and I wanted to let her know that it hasn’t been easy for me. For the longest time I had wondered what they thought about my sudden decision to leave and brave the world outside Manila. They didn’t have anything bad to say, and I was relieved. If anything they said they admired me for being so gutsy. I wouldn’t say fearless, because God knows how many million fears I had and still have about Dubai and my life. I’m just so happy we got to talk again, and in a few months’ time I will get to see them again and we’ll all hug and have fun together. We talked for 33 minutes and that’s such a big deal. I appreciate her taking the time to talk to me and asking me how I was and wanting to know if I was okay. I know the best things in life are free but she needed that expensive phone card to give me a call…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ate Zeena!

Yup, it's always nice to hear from someone who's oceans away from you... and at the most unexpected time at that! Good for you! =)

I just wish my friends from Manila would do the same thing...

Zeena said...

Hi Jinggo!!!
Yes I know the ones back home tend to forget sometimes... kaya nakakatuwa pag may biglang tatawag. SIGH. Kelan ka ba uwi ng Manila? Vacation lang?

Anonymous said...

Baka umuwi ulit ako for a vacation this July. Mga 2 weeks. Ikaw ba, kelan ka magbabakasyon?

Zeena said...

Whoa! Ang lapit na! galeng!
Ako siguro Christmas na para sila Zoe walang pasok... SIGH!