Thursday, November 30, 2006

all i want for jel

It's been such a long time since I talked to Jel and Reiz, the Girls' Period Gang.

Jel was in an unbelievably unusual position last night as she found herself asking for our advise.
My insights on her problem -- though I didn't really think it's a problem but a good opportunity --- were enough to make her believe that I was jaded and most probably the biggest cynic she has heard from in a long time.
In the same way she must also think that Reiz was a hopeless romantic and a willing victim of love.
I found myself struggling to make a point, since Jel was leaning more towards Reiz's opinion and I could just sigh.

But in retrospect let's not forget that I forced myself to be tough and relentless when it comes to men, and in time I've trully come to be, and of course it was with the help of none other than my dear friends, Jel playing the biggest role in my graduation from naivete.
Well I don't really expect her to do what I suggested, because I didn't always heed her advise before, and that explains why I had a crappy relationship with a not-so-cute guy.
All I really want is for her to tell me that she is genuinely happy, that there is no other man who can treat her as good as this guy.
And then I will keep my mouth shut.

I do not discount the time and effort this guy spent on my friend, but I do not want him to think that he deserves to get the best, because what he has done has not proven him a guy worthy for my friend yet. And my friend is undoubtedly the best. In everything she does, she aims for no less than perfection.

So tonight or tomorrow morning I hope to speak to Jel or receive an email from her, and hopefully, as I read it, I will read happiness between the lines.
And if not? Of course I'll stay right beside her (though physically impossible), just as she did a million times in the past.

No comments: