Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Departed


I watched The Departed last night with Ray. I thought it was not goingto finish til Thursday. But even if it was extremely long, not a secondwas I not eager to know what was going to happen next. The movie was unbelievable. There were several jaw-dropping twists that involvedlies, cover-ups, and loyalty.


Deception is always a good theme in movies. It's interesting. You don'tknow who the bad guy is, and even if you did, you can't deny that deepinside he's still a good man who just wants to survive. That's why I believe that in real life, there are no bad guys. While I may hatepeople who have hurt me, I don't forget that I've also hurt otherpeople, and whether or not I'm the kiss of death to someone depends onwhat I have done to him.


Oh well. This can go on and on forever like The Departed. I'm justhoping that more people see the goodness in me, because like everybodyelse (except for maybe Saddam Hussein), I don't go around hurtingpeople on purpose.

No comments: