Friday, November 03, 2006

strengh

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time." – Anna Freud

The strength of the self.
Do we often look into ourselves to see how we are?
What we need, what we want, what's destroying us?
When do we do that?

I find strength in myself when I feel that I'm losing control of things.
I am old enough to know that trying too hard for a lost cause can destroy me.

I find strength in myself when I feel that I lack something in my life.
I determine what it is, and make a plan.
Plans that don't always work, but always leave me with a sense of accomplishment.

I find strength in myself when when I feel that I am all alone in this world.
And then I remember that I still have myself, and sometimes, when my hands are tied and can't make things happen, being by myself is all it takes to make me a little happier. Being by myself and cherishing every second of it.

And then I take deep breath, and smile.

No comments: