Friday, November 17, 2006

significant discoveries

Turkish lemons
Last weekend I thought I did Fifi and myself a favor by buying 2kg of Turkish lemons for Dh2.40. This afternoon i made myself some fresh lemonade and it tasted like crap. If God wants me to end up with a Turkish guy I sure hope he's not as bad as his motherland's lemons.

Down with the yellow
So I started this protein diet that I'm sure won't last a week. I eat egg whites, and they're ok. Filling. I throw away the yellow stuff because that's all cholesterol, and I eat my hard-boiled egg whites with say, 1kg of salt.

breath-taking
I made it a point to brush my teeth for 30 minutes after a showered today. I just felt that my morning breath was scaring the shit out of my housemates (I am home alone again). They're very nice people so I'm sure they're keeping mum about it, but still I wanted to make sure I don't have monster breath. Plus I have a new toothbrush that's neon orange and light blue. Funky!

almonds
I'm excited to go out tonight with Jen and the rest of the gang. Now I have to find a place where they serve free almonds, because plain peanuts won't please these friends of mine. Give them something less than posh and they go craaaazzzy. Still they want their almonds for FREE, because it just doesn't make any sense to buy almonds at the co-op so you can munch on them in a hip bar. And don't believe I made sense with what I just wrote.

skinny jeans
I fit into my skinny jeans now. They're still a little snug, but maybe if I wear them often enough my thighs would just give up trying to get bigger. Skinny jeans are great, because they remind me of how thin I should be. One look at that sexy denim pair makes me want to quit chocolates, salt, and sometimes life. But now I'm very optimistic about my self-improvised weight loss program, and in a few weeks I shall visit my skinny jeans again and let them glide up thighs.

No comments: