Thursday, November 02, 2006

i've got my fingers crossed

My friend Jobee and I have been talking a whole lot lately, because I can't seem to get myself some decent sleep even at midnight, and that's 4AM in Manila, where she enjoys er semestral break by watching her favorite TV series in the comfort of her bedroom.

Aside from love, life and Demetri Martin, we also touch on health. Known in the CDG office as a hardcore vegetarian with a sweet tooth (Coke, cake, chips, name it), she's aware that she must NOT grow bigger than her New Manila house. And I, being a smoker and a weight-obssessed loony, am scared for my life. So we deviced a plan called OPERATION _____, which will not qualify me to do titillating B-movies back home, oh no, but at least get me into fitness once and for all. So starting this week (Sunday), I am kicking the bad habit. Cold turkey? Who knows. But I am getting rid of it, along with an excellent fitness plan. As for Jobee, I think she also wants to do something about her health woes, and so I am just here for her if she ever comes up with a game plan. She has an advantage because she knows how to ride a bike (I tried but never succeeded. Ever.) and she can do lots of other things, because she's still following a college schedule (please graduate soon). We did capoeira together more than a year ago but we couldn't cartwheel decently, so we ended up doing the jinga (it's just a swaying movement to prepare for the dance fight) for 2 hours, and hiding behind the musclemen when it was time for the roda, where we all huddled and formed a circle, inwhich two people are called by the tribe leader to fight. LOOOOOOSERRRRRRRSSSSS.

Anyway, Jobee, I dedicate my one-month fitness plan to our friendship, and if and when you come up with your own, I will be here to help. How about ditching Cokes and lessening the rice? Hehe. Love ya!

No comments: