Wednesday, May 31, 2006

friends-sick


How can you forget friends like them, who make your day and join you in misery and happiness? You've been together for as long as you can remember, and you might not see them for weeks, months, or even years, but when you do, you find out that nothing has changed. They're just there, for you to laugh and share your adventures with, listen to, learn from and just BE WITH.

I was a fool for thinking that I was all alone in this quarter life crisis. They were there all along, just waiting for me to vent out. And they're not just sounding boards that just take in everything. They have opinions of their own, and when I'm not being rational, they tell me. And I don't take it as a punch in the stomach, but a sign of their love for me. Because whatever they tell me, I know that they would stick it out with me through thick and thin, however stupid, lost and rebelious I have been.

And they never judge me. I have made some mistakes in the past, and they just let me be. No no-nos, no "I told you so's", no "fix that yourself". They just join me in my misery. And I don't know what the hell I would do if I lost even one of them.

I think about them every single day, make grand plans for when we meet again, and daydream about hanging out with them. How hard is it to keep friendships? Never. I may lose my job and teeth and other things that matter to me, but they -- these wonderful girls --- will never go.

I appreciate them the most when I come from a break up. They never ever put the blame on me. That's because they know that we're alike. We always do our best to make it work. Not to the point of losing ourselves, but as long as we can without losing our principles. We don't share the same values, but we know how to love and we all know how good it is to be loved. We all believe in love, and though it doesn't seem to favor all of us, we're okay.

They've seen me weep and cross the streets without looking bothways. They've heard me rant and badmouth people from the past, and just pour out my bitterness. And some of them might not even support this, but they still lend their ears to me. And I really really appreciate that.

Until out next videoke session, until the next boisterous laughter, until the next fun dinner.
I'll be back before you know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»