Wednesday, May 31, 2006

career!

An asshole once told me that the peak of someone's career is between 25-30 years old.
So if you're not heading towards a goal at 25, you might as well expect your career to come crashing down, or become stagnant forever.
And that really scared me.
I will be turning 24 soon, and I have no idea what to do with my life. Well, that's not entirely true. I have an idea, but I'm having a problem pushing through with it.
I don't want it to remain an idea forever.
I don't want to be old and gray and a failure.

Right now I'm really really scared.
I hope that a lot will happen in a couple of years and I hope these events will favor my career growth.

Never mind love and men.
They're just like sanitary napkins.
Make use of them, and once they're all soaked and stnking, throw them away.

But career is different.
It's what parents wait all their lives for you to become.
It's a lifetime achievement and people will remember you for it.

In ten years I don't want to have a reunion with my friends and have them buy me dinner because I'm broke and unhappy.
I want to be laughing with them and hearing nothing but praise.
And I also want them to be successful in their own right.


My friends will become doctors and lawyers and professionals and ... great! And now I don't know if I will be. I know I'll be fabulous, but I still have lots of things in mind that I need to act on.

And I will act on them.
How, when, I don't know.
Well hopefully in ten years I won't be blogging about THIS anymore.

No comments: