Saturday, May 13, 2006

dubai from my point of view

Here are some of the pictures that I took here in Dubai.
Of course you won't see Dubai because I have, for the Nth time, managed to make this entry all about me. Who else?

Not yet in Dubai.
At the airport, waiting to board the plane.
I could still remember the feeling.
Thrilling.
Like Dubai was some kind of secret place,
and only Fifi and I would be priviledged to get there.



Our first videoke session in Dubai.
On the attic of a small Filipino cafeteria in Karama.
Really low ceiling. No ventilation.
10 Dirhams per hour.
Not exactly Music 21-ish...



Job hunting and dating.
This was right after a gruesome day of job-hunting.
And i deserved a reward.
In my room. I had just taken a shower.
All dressed up!
Waiting for my date to pick me up.



A few days before we got jobs.
Another day, another edition of Khaleej and Gulf News.
Another "what-will-I-wear" puzzle to be solved.
Another laaaaaazy day, refusing to brush my teeth and getting ready for breakfast and laundry.
Laundry. Oh yeah.





First time at Jumeirah Beach Park
The beach was fabulous.
I ate tons of food,
had a chitchat with my officemates,
tinkered with my iPod,
and took a nap.
The weather was nice, but my body wasn't.
So no swimming for me.



Just two nights ago at Chikka Grill.
It's mandatory for new employees to treat everyone else at this hip and happening Filipino bar that features the Fourfront band.
I love them because they make me sing some lines of their songs.
Two nights ago I was a Pussycat Doll and Tamia.
Yes, I know we've been gaining weight.
Does Dubai have laxatives?



OK that's Dubai for you. Actually that's ME in Dubai for you. I don't think it matters where I am. My phone never tells you that. It just tells you of MY story. Can you see which pictures are sad and happy? You'll have to figure that one out. And you think I'm that transparent.





No comments: