Sunday, May 28, 2006

On Deadlines

Deadlines suck.
Don't they.

Later I have to make sure that everyone goes to that meeting.
In a week I have to make sure that everyone is staying here legally.
Before 5 o'clock I have to make sure that I look fabulous.

I'm 23, and I think I'm young, and I want to take my own sweet time, but it seems that an invisible force is pushing towards rushing things . . . and it makes me want to achieve something right here, right now.

So I'm 23, and have all the time in the world,
but have to make sure that by 25, my job is stable.
By 26 I should have found a decent man to live with.
By 28 I should have saved enough for my own future and provided for my sister.
At 30, I'll have to start having kids because sooner or later my eggs will rot.

But I don't want to beat my deadlines.
I don't want to compete with the world.
I don't want to rush.
I want to glide.


But can't.

Ok back to work.

1 comment:

Macy said...

For some reason, sobrang naka-relatae ako sa post mo na `to.

Deadlines suck indeed.