Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm so NOT bored I wrote this

Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom
-
Arthur Schopenhauer

It's easier to say "I'm bored out of my skull, get me out of here" than "I'm in deep pain, please help me".
I hate boredom. It ruins the pattern of my life graph.
I've extrapolated my ever-exciting future, and though boredom doesn't remove the possibility of a graph that shoots way above the expected intensity of Zeena events, it kills the fun. Fun, meaning, SOMETHING IS HAPPENING.
Pain can be fun, if you think about it.
Just think of your life as a TV series.
Each time you are in trouble, people are more and more interested to see the next episodes.
And NEVER do you encounter any boring scene in a TV series.
Just like my life.
I can't be stagnant.
Give me pain anytime.
Right here, right now.

I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.
-Thomas Carlyle

And let me work my butt to ashes.
Let me serve my head on a silver platter to those who need it.
Let me do something worthwhile, because doing nothing can be fun at first,
but as days go by, I feel more and more stupid.
So yes, I drag myself out of bed and head to work,
because I know that the moment I oversleep and decide to do nothing,
I will feel handicapped and regret it.

There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, ever.
-Viggo Mortensen

I never say I'm bored. I will die of sadness or drown in dillusion, but never live through boredom. Something is wrong if nothing seems to be wrong.
I think that life challenges me by throwing boulders at me, and it's just up to me if I want to catch them, evade them or welcome them with open arms.
But if it stops throwing the boulders, and I find myself kicking pebbles, hoping the earth would open up and swallow me, that's the time I will start worrying.
Now I am worrying about some things, and that's fine.
Better than worrying about nothing.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
-Ellen Parr

I am thankful that curiosity is my middle name.
If I chose this path, what would happen?
If I left home and tried to live in another place, what would happen?
What in me would change?
If I said yes instead of no, no instead of yes, walked away from it all.
If I took shit from anyone, or if I THREW shit at anyone.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

And right now I'm really curious to know...
why am I writing this?

No comments: