Sunday, February 04, 2007

weekend gone bad

This week has been craaaaaazy.
I didn’t think PMS could make me so depressed, for reasons I couldn’t and would never know.
Guillaume and I met again on Thursday night and everything was fine again. I think we missed each other so much, so I suppose a little time apart didn’t hurt us.
To be very honest I felt bad that we didn’t see each other for four days prior to that, and that was pretty unusual, but then when I tagged along with them from Thursday midnight to Friday afternoon I realized how busy and tiring every day has been for them.
Thursday midnight they picked me up at around 230 AM. They came straight from Global Village and had not had dinner yet. I helplessly offered some energy bars I got from Carrefour just a few hours earlier (grocery shopping with Sherry). As luck would have it, it turned out the peanut butter was not a French favorite, and so they got cold tuna and chicken sandwiches from a petrol station in Sharjah.
And so we had a few drinks and before we knew it, it was 11 AM again, time to prepare everything for the day. And then we had a quick lunch in a Lebanese cafeteria in Sharjah before heading to Global Village. Everything went by so fast and I didn’t even notice the time. And I was awfully tired just watching them. Just watching them.Before Sherry and the gang arrived at the global I saw Janis and dragged her to the crepe stand so she could meet Guillaume. That was a milestone for me, since Janis is my mother’s friend and she would definitely tell Mama her impression of Guillaume.
Well, she was served a hot banana crepe and that was it, but still at least she could tell my mom about it and say that I’m such a good girl, just hanging around a theme park by the crepe stand.
That evening was crazy. We got to watch the Bayanihan dancers, who were great! I loved the Filipiniana outfits and the dances… and the girls! Doing the tinikling with that much horse power and with such speed, you’d think they’d be panting and sweating like pigs. But they maintained their grace and the smiles on their faces and that was one thing that really amazed me. Actually (being the self-centered Leo that I am) that kind of reminded me of myself --- smiling in the midst of stress.
And the I got some Chinese food for the big boys. Guillaume said the food was good, so I was very happy about that.
So then we went around and the night was just starting for us when it rained. Rained so hard we had to call Omar to pick us up. Rained so hard that we had to wear those Vietnamese hats and look like we were trying to find an area in Global Village where we could plant rice. We walked looking like refugees to the main road, covered in mud, until we got in the car and bitched about our sucky night.
So anyway I wish the weekend ended on Friday, but no. On Saturday an old prick bugged me and I thought it was going to be a good meeting, but in the end I felt really bad. You can't be friends with an ex, especially if he's a sexist and a moron.
But I suppose it's all right. Guillaume is coming over tonight (extra early, because they had to close because of the rain). I'm so excited to introduce him to everyone!
Bye now!

No comments: