Monday, February 05, 2007

sing with me!

There are indeed many reasons to be happy.
And some people find happiness in the simplest things.
Some people, however, find it in the most unusual suggestions.

Guillaume and I were sharing a beer last night when he casually mentioned that we’d go to a karaoke bar when their Global Village hell month is over.
And then he sang Isn’t She Lovely in a mean French accent.
And I almost died.

Karaoke is my life.
I remember when the Dubai gang was having a discussion and one question came up, which was “How do you know if he’s the one?”
And I said “If he invites me to go to a karaoke bar.”
And I was serious. I mean, if karaoke is the only thing that can cheer me up when I’m in a slump, he might as well sing with me.
This means that he's willing to be with me through the good and bad times.
Trust me to stretch things a bit.
Maybe he just really wants to sing. With or without me.
Still he invited me, and that says a lot about him.
That he's not shy to make a fool of himself, and he doesn't mind doing that in my presence.

After a few minutes he said goodbye and headed home to Sharjah to get his well-deserved rest, but I remained sleepless and found myself singing Summer Nights with him in my mind.

Yes it’s a tacky rendezvous. Sue me!

No comments: