Thursday, February 22, 2007

one year. no way?

I have been staying here in Dubai for officially one year now.
Tomorrow’s my anniversary and I feel so fulfilled.
Why? Because it was not an easy year for me, but I managed to turn things around and make the most out of my hardships.
For the first six months I was poor as a rat, eating rubbish and enduring every single day at work as a nobody.
The next six months were glorious. I found my friends, I found a nice man, and most importantly, I found the job I wanted and it is proving to be very very promising.
My prediction for 2007 for myself?
As usual, a rocky love life. But work is a different story. I would really like to make something out of my career here.

Last night Eve had dinner at our place and guess who she brought with her? Caloy. Yes Caloy my orgmate, Caloy the playboy and druggie, Caloy who cared less about life and more about props for Live AIDS.
It was a shocking change. He looked healthier and happier, and he did NOT accept Craig’s invitation to have a beer. Wow.
And the way he talked to me, it was like he left everything in the past and was starting anew. He showed me his wedding ring and I was speechless. Caloy is now happily married, and is trying to be a good boy.

People can really change. And people can make something of themselves if they wanted to, with a little help from friends.
I don’t particularly need to change drastically, but I am going to make sure that I change for the better. Small steps towards a big beautiful change.
Hey, last year I promised myself I’d do something big, and here I am now in Dubai doing much better.

I wonder what I’ll be doing this year?
Thought of properly documenting my life, but that would be too hard.
Maybe assemble a Jag?
Or learn French.
Or!!!! Lose the goddamn 5 pounds I’ve been whining about year after year.

No comments: