Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The World

Today I was on a seaplane for a report I was doing.
The plane flew over the World Islands.
A glimpse of it triggered so many thoughts, emotions, tears.
You see, there is a story I have not told many people.
It all started on the World Islands over a year ago.
It was a very promising moment, but I did not think much of it.
I just knew that talking to him made me feel good.
Never did I imagine that it would grow so big, bigger than the World Islands, even bigger than the world itself.
It was as if the universe exploded and it was just the two of us.
And suddenly, just as swiftly as it began, it ended.
And as I found myself thousands of feet above the World Islands, I froze.
It was a chilling experience.
It was as if destiny commanded that the whole AK experience be concluded with another look at the World.
The world.
Maybe we were not bigger than the world.
Maybe we were just another couple that made the world believe that we could outdo it.
We couldn't.
Now I need to exist in this world without him.
Welcome to my world.

2 comments:

aimee rabago said...

aaawww this is a very cheesy entry. Cute and sweet. I wanna visit dubai one day some day. But I hope I don't meet any camels that spit at me...hahahah

Zeena said...

Aimee come visit me here please. I will show you The World. And throw you into the sea.