Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Piggy Bank. Bow.




I've been reading articles by "financial bloggers" and I am overwhelmed by all that money jargon. I only wanted tips on how to save money. Best money-saving tip I got from all of them? Three words:
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
Keep it simple.
Keep it simple.

It's a sentence worth repeating and a tip worth following.

If you are an average earner, live an average life.
If you are single or a couple, a one-bedroom apartment gives you enough space.
You can splurge on a nice pair of shoes as long as you still have money to spend on basic stuff like food and bills until next pay day.
If you feel that your funds are just enough for you to get by until the end of the month, resist the urge to dine out in a fancy restaurant until cash flows in again.
But more often than not, we simply forget how simple it is to keep things simple.
And then come debts, poverty, financial wars and other evils that root from money.

Also make sure that you keep a little cash aside every day.
PIGGY BANKS RULE.
I keep a bank account because I need one and banks these days are offering services that make my life easier, but if I had to choose, it would be the old-school way of saving.
The piggy bank is more inspiring and cute compared to a bank account.
You actually see (or weigh in your hands) how much you are saving.
It gives you a sense of responsibility.
This is my life, this is my money, and I am going to use it for my future.
So ultimately, it's not all about the Benjamins.
It's really about taking control of your life and making sure that you are doing something about your future, be it short, mid or long term.

My Vodka bottle (AKA piggy bank) is almost filled with fivers and I can't wait to smash it with a hammer.



No comments: