Friday, September 18, 2009

My iPod does not disappoint.
I have been carrying it around in the car, plugging it on in the flat and everywhere else.
The songs in it are at least four years old.
But the lyrics sound fresh.
So I sing along to my favorite songs.

"No you won't find me I'm going MIA.
Tonight I'm leaving going MIA.
Getting lost in you is so much better than being numb."
-MIA, Foo Fighters

"Here comes the sun in the form of a girl
She's defined as the sweetest thing in the world
Uhuh, we're going to heaven tonight."
-Heaven Tonight, Hole

"A friend in need's a friend indeed,
A friend with weed is better."
-A Friend in Need, Placebo

"Me and my girls we aren't stressing out,
We ain't brids, we ain't heading south."
Fighting Temptation, Missy Elliott / Beyonce Knowles

"When youre searching your soul
When youre searching for pleasure
How often, pain is all you find
But when youre coasting along and nobodys trying too hard
You can turn around and like where you are."
-When I'm Thinking About You, The Sundays

"And you're consuming me violently
And your reverence shamelessly tempting me
Who sent this maniac?
'Cause I never had this taste in the past
Oh you're different, you're different from the former
Like a fresh battery, I'm energized by you."
-New, No Doubt

"When I grow up I'll be stable
When I grow up I'll turn the tables
Don't take offense, better make amends
Rip it all to shreds and let it go."
-When I Grow Up, Garbage

"I remember running through the wet grass
And falling a step behind
Both of us never tiring
Desperately wanting."
-Desperately Wanting, Better Than Ezra

"Oi lienda
Bella che fa?
Bonita, bonita que tal?
But belle
Je ne comprend pas francais
So you'll have to speak to me
Some other way."
-Belle, Jack Johnson

"There's no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing
But I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepiatone loving."
-Better Together, Jack Johnson

No comments: