Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm getting a crash course on how to use the PD camera at work.
Tomorrow my colleague is filming in a ladies' salon and they obviously don't allow men inside. Meaning all the cameramen are crossed out for the shoot.
And for the first time, I will be doing the camera work.
I love it.
I remember when I studied production in college.
I looooved being in front of the camera.
My classmates took advantage of that fact and assigned me to really weird roles.
When we did a short film, I played the ghost.
When we did a mock-up TV series, I was a lesbian delivery girl.
When we did a TV drama, I was Satan disguised as a nun.
But I also learned to be behind the scenes, and one of the things I enjoyed was handling the gigantic, almost-obsolete studio camera.
And I loved assuming the role of floor director.
I just basically told people what to do and sat back and relaxed.

So yeah I'm excited for the shoot.
I'm a little rusty after five years, I must admit.
But it's worth a try.
Something new. :)

No comments: