Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Decisions.
When did you last make a big decision?
I made mine not very long ago.
It was a gamble.
It was not wrong though.
It's just something that I had to do.
Before it was too late.
And even though it really was, I think there's something good that will come out of it.
It's not going to be easy.
My mother said nothing is ever going to be easy.
Even over-easy eggs aren't that easy to make.
And it doesn't feel like I am back to square one.
It feels like I travelled a million miles and there is no turning back.
There's time for grief and lots of thinking.
Ok, I am doing just that.
And even though there are questions that cannot be answered, there's always another option.
Swallow the truth.
Swallow it until it goes down my system and leaves my system.
Fill the gaps with things that make me happy.
Like good books, and karaoke.
Or first dates.
Or emails from Manila.
Or swimming. Jogging.
Or sleeping.
And maybe somewhere around the corner something good is waiting for me.
I just need a day.
A whole day to rest my heart and mind.
To pray.
To go back to being my happy self.

No comments: